Being deeply concerned by the escalation of the political situation in the country, due to which the security of the citizens of Kosovo is at risk and the important processes are blocked in the country, and convinced that violence is not the solution to any problem or dispute, we, the MPs of Kosovo, propose the attached document as a draft political agreement which can serve as a starting point for political dialogue between party leaders to find a political solution that restores the functionality of the Assembly.
– Considering that Kosovo institutions represent the interests of all citizens of the country and are protected by the Constitution and by law;
– Recognizing the contribution and sacrifice of all citizens and their political representatives in Kosovo to build these institutions;
– Being forever grateful for the support of democratic countries in the world for Kosovo’s freedom, peace and the process of state building and strengthening of the statehood;
– Recognizing the intention of the citizens of Kosovo for Euro-Atlantic integration of the country and important reforms that our country needs to undertake in the process of integration;
– Acknowledging that violence, in any form, does not solve any problem, but only further deepens the divisions and disagreements,
– In order to solve the political situation in the country,
Democratic Party of Kosovo, (PDK) the Democratic League of Kosovo, (LDK) , VETËVENDOSJE !, Movement (VV), Alliance for the Future of Kosovo, (AAK) and NISMA (NK), reach the following:
1. The Assembly of Kosovo shall establish a parliamentary inquiry committee led by opposition to review the border demarcation agreement with Montenegro. The composition of this Committee will be in line with the provisions of the Assembly Rules of Procedure. The Committee will invite at least five (5) representatives of civil society and experts, with the right to discuss and propose but with no right to vote in the Committee.
The mandate of the Committee shall be 30 (thirty) days, and its conclusions will be adopted by consensus of the signatory parties to the agreement and will be approved by the Assembly.
2. The Assembly will elect two (2) Judges of the Constitutional Court so that the court decision on the constitutionality of the principles for the establishment of the Association / Community of Serb-majority municipalities is taken by a complete Constitutional Court. The selection of the consensual candidates for members of the Constitutional Court is made to ensure impartiality, professionalism and nonpartisan affiliation, as provided by the Constitution of the Republic of Kosovo.
3. Without prejudice to the final decision, if the decision of the Constitutional Court does not solve the dilemma of the Association / Community, the Assembly of the Republic of Kosovo will address the European Commission for Democracy through Law (“Venice Commission”).
4. This Agreement is signed under the auspices of the President of Kosovo, in exercise of her role as a factor of political unity in the country.
5. This agreement will be voted as a Resolution of the Assembly in the next session, the latest 7 (seven) days from the signing of this agreement.